Vastu For South West Facing Houses | Dr. Smita
South-west facing plots is also called Nairuthi corner and according to Vedas this corner is governed by Demon which makes it unsuitable and inauspicious. Plots having faced South-west do not prosper the way other plots
do well while any other specific construction can make occupants susceptible to diseases and sometimes causes bad name.
South-west corner adopts attributes of leadership and also considered stable portion this is why marriageable
girls are advised to take over North-west
room instead South-west while owner of the family is given this portion. Therefore, South-west portion of house should be extended or kept open and any defect or wrong construction can lead loss of riches & health in the family.
- Avoid any open space in South-west part.
- There should be no extension in South-west portion.
- South-west is best to have over-head water tank.
- All the heavy material should be placed in South-west while storage is also ideal here.
- There should be no pit, pond or under-ground water tank in South-west.
- South-west corner must be balanced by loading heavy material and other dumping stuff but never leave this area open or extended.
- Avoid construction of kitchen, living room, children room and bathroom. While south-west is ideal for storage room, over-head tanks and master bedroom.
- Generally inmates living in south-facing house are susceptible to adultery, tend to make enemies; if there is extension in South-west girls not chastise and are ruined in escapades.
- Inmates living in extended South-west facing plots are prone to chronic diseases such as HIV, cancer and TB.