Bedroom is a place to unwind and to relax, watch television, work or even dine at times. Nonetheless, the bedroom’s primary purpose is to instill comfortable sound sleep. As the most private, personalized space in a home, the bedroom must necessarily reflect its user's lifestyle, his practical needs, aesthetic preferences and also his dreams. Here are some of the tips that will help in designing the bedroom.
- The space is a very important factor and one must keep this in mind before going for the personal conception of a dream bedroom.
- The major furniture items like beds, almirahs should be kept first and then the left space should be planned accordingly.
- The furniture should be such that it should have some rhythm, and if all the pieces are not the same style they should at least have uniformity of color and texture.
- The furniture should be such that it fits in the space and do not go for over size beds.
- It is better to put less furniture pieces in this room, however people tend to jam packed every corner of bedroom with cupboard, table or other. But always go for light weight, trendy and medium sized furniture pieces.
- In high ceiling bedroom, the headboard must be tall that will appear the ceiling down in size.
- In a large master bedroom pick huge accessories and table which can fit into that space.
- Minimize the furniture in bedroom as this place is to relax and spend qualitative time rather to idealize time.
- The colours used in the bedroom should be subtle and sober as in such hectic lives, we always want to relax at the end on the day. Dark colours cause anxiety and should be used carefully.
- The colors for walls and ceilings, the tones of flooring, the tints of windows and the lighting colour are all-important aspects of décor.
- Normally it is recommended to paint the headboard wall with a different color than the other three. But care should be taken to choose the tints and tones from the same family of the colour.
- Bedroom lighting should have a special treatment, the tone of the light should be warm and cozy, to achieve this, apart from the ceiling light and the lamps on the night table, an adjustable light intensity controller is recommended.
- The primary lighting fixtures like tube lights are necessary for daily activities but the secondary lightning like spotlight, dimmers, up lighters which create shades and shadows are necessary for the romantic ambience.
- When decorating one's bedroom one usually mixes and matches coordinating fabrics, in the curtains, bedspreads, pillows, lampshades, headboards, walls, but avoiding overdoing it.
- Bedspreads, sheets, blankets, quilts, comforters, and pillows all enter into the play in the decoration of the bedroom.
→ Vastu for bedroom
→ Bedroom Vastu Tips
→ Vastu Advice For Bed