Plants and trees too play a pivotal role in making our surroundings apt and energized. But some plants and trees are prohibited in living place due to their interrelation with science and mythology. Plants have direct relation with human life because whatever the plants emit in the form of gas is been inhaled by humans. Some plants and trees emit negative vibes and harmful gases which pollutes our environment, thus making it unsafe.
Vastu Tips for Plants & Trees | Dr. Smita
Plants and trees must be chosen with care and planted in proper direction in order to draw good results. According to Vastu there are some specific plants which are considered auspicious for homes must be only planted with Vastu compliant direction to get the maximum benefit. Nature does affect us in every way, so to draw good benefits we must plant specific trees in home.
According to Vastu Shastra plants and trees considered auspicious for every home are:
- Tulsi (Basil) is a sacred plant that every living place must plant as it is not only auspicious but potent plant as well. Make sure you plant tulsi in North, North-east or East direction.
- Banyan and peeple tree are sacred in Hinduism and must be planted in temple instead of home.
- Avoid planting trees in extreme front & centre of your house, as they should not obstruct the entrance.
- Huge trees must be planted in South or West portion of house. They must be grown somewhere in the house so that they get enough sunlight without blocking it for inmates.
- Small trees are better to be grown in East or North but avoid North-east direction for planting any kind of tree.
- Thorny plants including cactus are prohibited in house exception of Rose plant.
- Creepers are good to be installed at entrance of house or exteriors. But ensure that they are not raised above compound wall.
- Milk giving plants should be avoided in living place as they are inauspicious for homes and effect health of occupants.
- Fruit bearing Trees like Aam, Jamun, Kela; milk bearing trees like Mahua, Peeple, Vata; and thorn plants like babool, ber, katari etc are prohibited to plant in house.
- Some auspicious trees & plants to be planted in house are: Anaar (Pomegranate), Dal chini (cinnamon), Nariyal (coconut), Ashoka, Arishta, Rose, Punnag, Bakul, Chameli, Kesar and Champa.