Worshipping is a way to
enhance our non-physical approach and make our goddess happy to be at home
fulfilling our wishes. Meditation is most authentic way to get involve with
God and improve our karmic deeds. This worship will be more successful when
our offering would be done with practical aspect in proper direction. Vastu
shastra is a science which can lend you every earthly joy if its principles
are followed with utmost trust.
Universe is one of the beautiful creations of nature and everything stands
alive only in the limelight of truth. Just like every subject of human
aspect is governed with rules, regulations & acts, similarly the art of
worshipping has got certain key factor principles to attain all its
This room should be designed carefully because when you do meditation, you
should gain the positive energies and then you can feel charged. If it is in
wrong direction, then no matter how much meditation you do, you will not
feel charged. There are certain rules which one must follow before the
commencement of designing a worship room.
The placement of the sacred room in the house
- The pooja room should always be situated in the North, East or the
Northeast side of the house.
- A Pooja room should never be made in a bedroom or on a wall adjacent
to the bathroom wall.
Some common rules
- The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the
- The doors of the pooja room should not be made of any metal.
- Nothing should be stored above the cabinet or slab where the God's
idol is placed.
- One shall not enter the pooja room for any purpose without washing
his legs and hands. Cleaning the feet by rubbing them against each other
- The left hand must clean them and the water must be poured by the
right hand. Reared side of the feet must always be cleaned first.
- Silver or gold plates or items can be used for any purpose in pooja
room. Usage of iron and stainless steel items in pooja room is strictly
- However, copper vessels used only be used.
Whatever is exhibited should be pleasing to the eyes and mind bringing joy
and cheer to those who view them; aesthetic and cultural aspects also should
be borne in mind, while selecting decorative pieces or paintings and
pictures and placing them in our home. So by following all the rituals and
by decorating the house in this style cans double the happiness in the
coming festive season.