The aim of Vaastu
is to make us live in harmony
nature taking advantage of the magnetic fields, gravitational effects etc.
of the earth, the rainfall, the galaxy and the whole of the nature and the
universe and duly invoking the blessing of the Gods of the directions
room has their eight directions
again, so one must be aware of the facts how
to design the rooms.
- Drawing Room should be in the east or north so one can get the morning
sunlight and positive vibrations.
- The door of the drawing room should be in East or West.
- The sitting arrangement of the head of the family should be facing
the east or in the north direction.
- The heavy articles of furniture or decoration should be in the west
or the south direction because weight is the element of Southwest
- The heavy chandelier should not be at the center of the room as to
make the Bhrmasthaan light.
- As far as possible TV should be in the southeast portion of the
drawing room as all electrical gadgets should be in SE quadrant, the
- The portraits of the God or waterfalls are hung in the northeast
- Stuffed animals should be in the northwest corner.
- Furniture of this room should not be circular, triangular, egg shaped
hexagonal or odd shapes. It should be square or rectangular.
- Portraits of birds, animals, women, weeping children, scenes from the
wars etc. should not be displayed in the room as they give the gloomy
feelings and thus the negative vibes.
- The colour of the walls and the tiles used in this room should be
white, yellow, blue or green. As far as possible it should not be red or
- No photograph of God should be hanged above the entrance door, from
- The fireplace, if designed, should be done in Southeast part of the
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu
of the drawing room. Vastu consultation of drawing room involves a thorough analysis.
- Proper location and orientation of the bathroom in the house
- The direction of the Entrance
- The direction & placement of the windows
- The direction & placement of the furniture
- The direction & placement of the water (aquarium, fountain)
- The direction & placement of the TV, audio systems and other
- The direction & placement of the console
- The direction & placement of the heavy antique items
- The direction & placement of wall clocks
- The colour scheme of the room