Universe is one of the beautiful creations of nature and
everything stands alive only in the limelight of truth. Just like every
subject of human aspect is governed with rules, regulations & acts,
similarly the art of worshipping has got certain key factor principles to
attain all its benefits
While planning a house, due to the space constraints, many people tend to
ignore a separate pooja room but we must not sideline the need to make a
place for GOD. Thus by creating a room for worshipping, we are creating a
room to get charged with positive vibrations
every morning and that energy
our environment, mind
, body and soul. Our work efficiency will
increase and so the progress, prosperity and peace.
This room should be designed carefully because when you do meditation, you
should gain the positive energies and then you can feel charged. If it is in
, then no matter how much meditation you do, you will not
feel charged. There are certain rules which one must follow before the
commencement of designing a pooja room.
- The pooja room should always be situated in the North, East or the
Northeast side of the house.
- One should face towards East/North while worshipping.
- Ideally there should be no idols in the worship room. But if one wish
to keep, the height of the idol should not be more than 9"and less
- While worshipping, the legs of the idol should be at the chest level
of the person worshipping depending on the position, whether standing or
- Nothing should be stored above the cabinet or slab here the God's
idol is placed.
- A Pooja room should never be made in a bedroom or on a wall adjacent
to the bathroom wall.
- One shall not enter the pooja room for any purpose without washing
his legs and hands. Cleaning the feet by rubbing them against each other
is prohibited. The left hand must clean them and the water must be
poured by the right hand. Reared side of the feet must always be cleaned
- In pooja room, copper vessels only shall be used particularly where
water is collected.
- Triangular pattern of any God should not be drawn in the Pujaghar.
- The colour of walls of pooja room should be white, lemon or light
blue and the marble used should be white.
- The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the
- The Agnikund should be in the southeast direction of the worship
room. The sacred offerings to the fire should be made with the face
towards the east
- Lamp stand should be placed in the Southeast corner of the pooja
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu
of the pooja room. Vastu consultation of pooja room involves thorough analysis.