Kitchen is the most effected area of house from where all kind of energies
prevails while an expert Vastu
consultant would surely identify about the adverse situation of house if kitchen is placed incorrectly. This important part of house must be placed on its corresponding place i.e. South-east
governed by element
Fire. Kitchen being the important part of home is the primary contributing factor in the general health
and well-being of occupants.
Some essential things need to be considered in Vastu of kitchen, read out related Vastu tip
- Element Fire governs in the direction South-east, so this portion of house ideal for locating kitchen. However, if choosing alternative then North-west part could be taken for constructing kitchen but avoid making kitchen in any other direction.
- Cooking gas or stove should be placed at South-east in such a way that while cooking the person face East.
- Kitchens in north quadrant tend to affect health female members.
- Place water sink in the North-east with the maximum distance from cooking gas.
- Larger windows in the kitchen should be in Eastern side while small ventilators should be placed in South.
- Provision for water storage and taps should be made in North-east of the kitchen.
- Avoid placing dinning table in the centre of the kitchen instead locate it in the North-west direction.
- The sink should be in the Northeast corner of the kitchen.
- Electric equipment like microwave, oven or refrigerator should be placed in South-west.
- The slope of the water flow should be from Southwest towards
- The cylinder should be placed in the Southeast corner.
- The Geyser should be installed on the Southeast side.
- The storage for all the food grains, utensils, the over head almirah
should always be on the Southern and the western walls and not on the
Northern and the Eastern walls.
- The fridge should be in placed in the Southwest corner of the
- A dishwasher can be placed in the north west of the kitchen.
- The exhaust fan should be installed either in the Northwest corner or
the South wall.
- There should be no toilets and bathrooms adjoining, and above or
below the kitchen.
- The door of the kitchen should never face the door of the toilet.
We have to take care of the following points while studying about the vastu
of the kitchen. Vastu consultation of kitchen involves thorough analysis.
- Proper location of the kitchen in the house
- The direction of the Entrance
- The direction & placement of the windows
- The direction & placement of the cooking gas
- The direction to face while cooking
- The direction & placement of the sink
- The direction & placement of gyser
- The direction & placement of the refrigerator
- The direction & placement of the electric equipments
- The direction & placement of the gas cylinders
- The direction & placement of storage
- The colour scheme of the kitchen